Horizon Air Flight Attendant – Portland, Oregon
As a Horizon Air flight attendant, you’ll fly regionally throughout the West, creating signature inflight experiences can make for a fun and challenging career. Our flight attendants always keep safety as their number-one priority and always bring their best selves to work. If you can manage a flexible schedule, commit to upholding our high standards, and create remarkable moments that people will remember, we want to hear from you.
As the face of Horizon Air, representing Alaska Airlines, you’ll need to be an authentic and gracious host. You will need to have an in-depth knowledge of inflight service duties, as well as safety procedures that you may need to perform during the flight. Finally, you’ll need to show a strong desire to maintain a positive, approachable manner with our guests as well as your fellow employees to create an airline people love. This is a union represented position.
- Understands and is in full compliance with all safety regulations
- Ensures all safety equipment on aircraft is in working order
- Greets passengers, assists with seating assignments, carry-on baggage stowage and security
- Explains and demonstrates use of safety equipment and emergency procedures on both aircraft
- Prepares and serves meals and beverages, including alcohol
- Effectively markets onboard products, such as meals and inflight movies, as well as processes sales using A mobile device
- Calmly resolves passenger situations during flight, including Medical emergencies
- Answers questions regarding flight operations and offer destination information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Training Requirement: training will be held in Portland, OR and consists of four (4) weeks of paid training.
Our tattoo policy for this role is the following: No visible tattoos on face, front of neck, or chest. One tattoo the size of a quarter or smaller allowed per hand. Tattoos in other areas cannot be larger than a credit card or offensive. Employees can have one tattoo per arm/leg/foot/back of neck/behind each ear. Tattoos on the back of neck and behind the ears are only permitted if they’re not visible when looking directly at a person. Tattoos may only be covered with a uniform piece or approved jewelry/watch (covering with makeup is not allowed).
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of customer or community service experience.
- Uncompromising dedication to safety.
- Body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jump seat, harness without modification, cabin aisle and emergency exits)
- Ability to meet the company’s grooming, uniform and appearance standards
- Ability to demonstrate the physical ability to perform the duties of a flight attendant
- Ability to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Medford, OR; Boise, ID; Spokane, WA; Anchorage, AK; Everett, WA
- Willingness to serve alcohol.
- Basic computer literacy and comfort with technology.
- Flexible to work varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
- Must possess adaptability to perform a variety of duties and perform effectively under stress.
- Able to attend 4 weeks of paid training in Portland, OR
- Possess and/or obtain a current passport with unlimited access in and out of the United States. Employees with non-U.S. passports also will need any appropriate travel documentation. Must be able to fly unrestricted in and out of Canada.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21 years old.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Airport SIDA Badge Requirements
Important update for non-crew employees working at an airport or maintenance hangar: Employees will be required to obtain a SIDA badge provided by the airport authority and maintain good standing in order to keep their SIDA badge. Review the SIDA Badge Requirements document for a comprehensive overview.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- First year step rate: $20.55 (per contract)
- Visit alaskahorizoncareers.com/cba-qx-afa to view the latest collective bargaining agreement between Horizon Air and the AFA.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- This role pays per collective bargaining agreement.
- Free stand-by travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
- Comprehensive well-being programs including medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous 401k match program
- Quarterly and annual bonus plans
- Generous holiday and paid time off
For more information about Alaska/Horizon Total Rewards please visit our career site and view benefits.
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 2023-11385
Equal Employment Opportunity We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Airport transfer - Book your Airport Taxi transfer. Worldwide. Easy and enjoyable!
Car Rental Deals - Search and compare Car Deals and save up 70% discount
Cheap Flights - tired of travelling standby? Here you can find the Cheapest Flights all over the world.
Cruise trips - worldwide Cruises with great interline rates
GetYourGuide - Book tours, activities, and attractions anywhere..
Travel Insurance - World Nomads have the Best possible Rates on Travel Insurance. Simple and flexible!