Must be within two hours of the Kansas City International Airport
MUST HAVE A VALID US PASSPORT
At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers, and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly with, and attention to detail are what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are critical components for the position of Flight Attendant.
This is a position currently with a minimum guarantee of seventy (70) hours per month that will report to the Supervisor of Inflight Services. The successful candidate will be an outgoing professional with excellent customer service and language of destination communication skills, ready to become part of our Flight Attendant team. Successful candidates will have open and available schedules, with little restrictions, and you must be able to exhibit the values and culture of the company while working with other team members and customers in a fast-paced/dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work a minimum of twenty (20) days per month.
- Participates in preflight briefings to discuss flight details, weather, and service plans.
- Performs preflight safety checks.
- Prepares aircraft between flights, ensuring cabin areas meet cleanliness standards.
- Ensures food, beverages, and other supplies are on board and sufficiently stocked.
- Make announcements as needed and instruct customers in using emergency equipment and exit row seating requirements, using audio equipment when available.
- Greet customers as they enter the aircraft, check boarding passes, answer questions pertaining to the flight, and assist with the stowage of carry-on bags in the overhead bins and under seats.
- Help those needing assistance, e.g., small children, the elderly or disabled customers.
- Walk the aisles to verify customers’ compliance with federal regulations prior to take-offs and landings as well as conduct periodic checks to ensure customer comfort.
- Answers passenger questions about flight information (time, service, aircraft details, weather, delays, etc.)
- Delivers in-flight food and beverage services, collecting payment as required.
- Prepare customers and aircraft for landing, following company procedures and federal regulations.
- Provide an inventory of supplies to restock the aircraft when applicable.
- Responds to any in-flight emergencies by providing necessary assistance to passengers including administering emergency first aid and completing reports on any injuries or incidents
- Direct and assist customers in the event of an emergency, such as guiding customers to evacuate the aircraft following an emergency landing
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Treat all customers and vendors with courtesy and respect.
- Completing and submitting all required forms and paperwork inclusive of, but not limited to: customs forms and general declarations, accident and incident reports, commissary reports, duty, free reconciliation reports, Flight Attendant assessment reports, and Company flight reports.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education or greater.
- Must speak, write, and read fluent English.
- Must speak the language of the destination fluently (for international hires).
- Customer service experience: hospitality or retail preferred.
- Previous Flight Attendant experience is not necessary.
- Must possess a current US Passport not to expire within 6 months.
- Must maintain valid travel documents with no impediment preventing entry to all international destinations.
- The ability to use force up to 25 lbs. to lift, push, or pull objects, such as beverage stowage bins. Occasionally required to use 25 to 55 lbs. of force to lift, push, or pull objects. At times, required to use forces greater than 55 lbs. to lift, push, or pull objects
- Works in aircraft aisles and galleys for periods of up to 14 hours or more, performing duties that require standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, stretching, and bending.
- Ability to work variable blocks of duty days each month with possible extended periods
- away from base (30+ days) to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must attend and successfully complete Initial Flight Attendant training and Operational Experience.
- Must maintain a polished, professional, and conservative appearance at all times.
- No visible tattoos or body piercings are allowed while on duty, with no exceptions.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Pass drug and alcohol background checks, pre-employment DOT drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC).
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Eastern Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Useful Travel links
Airport transfer - Book your Airport Taxi transfer. Worldwide. Easy and enjoyable!
Car Rental Deals - Search and compare Car Deals and save up 70% discount
Cheap Flights - tired of travelling standby? Here you can find the Cheapest Flights all over the world.
Cruise trips - worldwide Cruises with great interline rates
GetYourGuide - Book tours, activities, and attractions anywhere..
Train tickets - Book train tickets all over Europe. Easy to plan your next train adventure!
Travel Insurance - World Nomads have the Best possible Rates on Travel Insurance. Simple and flexible!