© Image Air Canada
Effective January 7th, 2021, all customers five years of age or older travelling to Canada from an international destination are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to departure.
The Government of Canada advised us on December 31st that, effective January 7, 2021:
- All customers five years of age or older entering Canada from an international destination are required to provide, prior to boarding a flight, a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
- The test must be taken within 72 hours of departure from your flight to Canada. Some exceptions apply.
- At present, the Government of Canada has not yet finalized or published a list of testing facilities for every country. Visit travel.gc.caExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. for official updates.
- If your flight to Canada departs from one of the recognised countries identified by the Government of Canada as a country where PCR testing is deemed unavailable, you may still travel however upon landing in Canada you will be required to quarantine for 14 days in a Public Health Agency of Canada quarantine location.
- Even with a negative COVID-19 PCR test all customers entering Canada will still have to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
You do not need to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test if:
- Your flight to Canada is prior to January 7; and/or
- You are only transiting through a Canadian airport from one international destination to another, without entering Canada. Please ensure you are aware of and in compliance with the entry requirements for your final destination.
Please note that we do not control these directives and that details are subject to change. We recommend you visit travel.gc.caExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. for official updates from the Government of Canada.
The Government of Canada have also published a list of frequently asked questionsExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. about the new testing requirement. For specific questions related to the implementation of the government policy, please contact the government or Canadian Consular ServicesExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines..
If you would like to change your flight, please contact your travel agent or call us at 1-888-247-2262. For international and other numbers, visit www.aircanada.com/othernumbers.