Allegiant is currently hiring flight attendants
Bases: Des Moines, IA | St. Petersburg, FL | Asheville, NC | Cincinnati, OH | Fort Lauderdale, FL | Destin, FL | Indianapolis, IN | Bellingham, WA
Allegiant Air Flight Attendants provide extraordinary service to our Customers and fellow Team Members. Flight Attendants are essential workers that are responsible for the security, safety and comfort of customers, from pre-boarding the aircraft until they arrive at their final destination. As such, Flight Attendants are on the “front lines” in providing quality service to their customers and representing Allegiant Air to the public. Just as important, Flight Attendants contribute to the smooth functioning of the business by accurately accounting for passengers and the goods they are required to serve them. Flight Attendants promote the sale and usage of products and services offered by Allegiant and specified industry partners. The position responsibilities are performed in accordance with government regulations, including the FAA and TSA. These standards are clearly articulated during training, as well as, in the ongoing performance of the job.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: High School diploma or equivalent; college course work or degree an asset
Years of Experience: Minimum one (1) year direct customer service.
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book: Yes
Valid/Unexpired Driver’s License: Yes
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must be able to perform all functions as needed for this position.
• Must be able to attend a minimum of 4 1/2 weeks of training in Las Vegas and be willing to share a hotel room with a fellow classmate.
• Ability and willingness to wear a face mask as required.
• Relocation after training to the domicile, if required, is at the expense of the applicant.
• Must be able to react quickly using good judgment.
• Weight and/or height cannot interfere with essential job functions, including but not limited to: the ability to walk comfortably, while facing forward, down an aircraft aisle; the ability to rapidly maneuver and fit through aircraft overwing exits; and the ability to fit into a jump seat harness without modification or extension to the seatbelt and harness.
• Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable using a tablet (e.g., iPad).
• Names on all required forms of identification presented (e.g., passport, driver’s license, and social security card) must match one another.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• Previous flight attendant experience.
• Perform pre-boarding security checks of aircraft, customers and carry-on baggage.
• Provide support to other crewmembers and leadership.
• Provide direction and assistance to customers in accordance with government regulations and company policies.
• Conduct pre-flight safety checks of cabin area.
• In routine situations, ensure that customers are seated and carry-on baggage is stored properly; advise passengers and confirm compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
• During unusual conditions (such as decompression, turbulence, mechanical malfunction, medical emergencies, or unlawful acts by customers) take action to maximize the safety of customers and crew.
• Assess and evaluate customers for appearance of intoxication, COVID-19 mask compliance and/or possible threat.
• Serve and sell, food, snacks, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages and goods to all customers.
• Attend to special needs of any customers.
• Effectively communicate with customers, individually and via intercom, on information related to their travel.
• Ensure that galleys are stocked with service items for trip.
• Document and file all reports, such as inventory and trip reports, as required.
• Complete international paperwork, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (PROVIDED BY ALLEGIANT)
• Successful completion of 4 1/2 weeks of minimum new hire training program with a minimum of 5 hours of Initial Operating Experience.
• Trainee must maintain a 90% or above average on all written and oral exams, and successfully perform the physical requirements of the job, including emergency/evacuation drills.
• Trainees are required to get into a swimming pool with a life jacket on as part of water emergency training.
• Class hours may include nights and weekends.
• NOTE: Trainees will be offered employment upon successful completion of the entire training program.
• No Salary will be paid during training, although trainees are paid a per diem of $48 per day to cover miscellaneous expenses.
• During recurrent emergency training and all requalification training, the Team Member is required to actively participate in simulated emergency situations and physically operate aircraft emergency equipment.
• Any additional requalification, differences, and transition training will be provided as necessary.
• Able to deal with people from all walks of life, using diplomacy and tact; good communication skills.
• Able to relate to other cultures with respect and concern.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to assess situations in a timely manner.
• Exercising good judgment and flexibility.
• Ability to respond calmly and effectively in an emergency.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Flight Attendant – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a plane equipment (i.e. food carts, plane doors, emergency equipment, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 100 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Travel is a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies (e.g., natural disasters, weather, pandemics, war, etc.). Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The starting wage is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Full Time Benefits:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/ Disability Insurance
Medical Travel Reimbursement
Legal, Identity and Pet Insurance
401K with an employer match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Useful Travel links
Airport transfer - Book your Airport Taxi transfer. Worldwide. Easy and enjoyable!
Car Rental Deals - Search and compare Car Deals and save up 70% discount
Cheap Flights - tired of travelling standby? Here you can find the Cheapest Flights all over the world.
Cruise trips - worldwide Cruises with great interline rates
GetYourGuide - Book tours, activities, and attractions anywhere..
Train tickets - Book train tickets all over Europe. Easy to plan your next train adventure!
Travel Insurance - World Nomads have the Best possible Rates on Travel Insurance. Simple and flexible!